Tad Hargrave teaches sales and business skills to the people who are on a mission to change the world – which is hard, because they’re the same people who tend to be most resistant to the concept of business! Tad manages to walk the line gracefully through his work at Marketing For Hippies, with an incisive sensitivity that you’ll appreciate. On today’s show, we dig into the deep meaning of what sales is really about, and reach some surprising conclusions.
- At 3:04 – Tad discusses why there’s no way to strike a balance between posturing and collapsing, and how doing to creates an ineffective, muddy middle.
- At 7:00 – Danny and Tad talk about how integrity can slip when cash flow is low, and what to do about it.
- At 13:10 – Danny explains his alternative to the zero-sum mentality, and Tad follows up with the idea of shuffling value around.
- At 16:10 – Tad talks about niches that can’t afford to pay, sustainability, and how a different business model might be in order.
- At 19:40 – Tad and Danny discuss sustainability that goes beyond one’s on business and marketing, and asks the question, ‘what would happen if everyone took this tactic?’