Donald Miller Reimagines Story in Marketing
- Audra Casino
You’ve heard about story in marketing. So if we talked to your audience right now, and asked them to tell us about you in two sentences, would they be able to do it? If the answer is no, that means that you haven’t given them the words to say, and more importantly, to spread to others.
Today’s guest, Don Miller, had a moment just like that, and it was what sparked his creation of the Storybrand framework that has been used by companies like Pantene, Chick-fil-A, and even the White House, to help them develop their brand through story.
Oh, and it doesn’t hurt that Don is a best-selling author who has spent countless hours as a student of story.
- At 4:00 – Ever wished a marketing strategy would just fall in your lap? The Storybrand Framework is built on how the human brain works, making that possible.
- At 8:00 – Don talks about his 5 week retreat in a cabin in the woods where he tore his way through a VHS library in his boxers, and how he figured out the Storybrand framework also in his boxers.
- At 12:00 – Don explains why positioning your brand as the hero of the story is the absolute best way to get your ideal customer to IGNORE you.
- At 18:00 – The SB7 framework is one that any business can implement to great success, even though it’s heavily ‘blue ocean methodology,’ as Don calls it.
- At 24:00 – Don talks about his mission around the SB7 framework, and what he wants to achieve. It’s far more than just making a living, and more about helping good people bring great things into the world.