Leveling the Playing Field and Standing Out with Dorie Clark
- Audra Casino
Imagine a place where everyone was on the same playing field when it comes to marketing skills and know-how. In this place, ideas would be standing out based on their own merit.
It’s a fantastic idea we can get behind, and today’s guest, Dorie Clark, is making it her mission to teach people who have great ideas how to put them out into the world. Dorie can’t stand the thought of ideas that can truly make a difference languishing or dying.
Her strategy is simple: build a brain trust, build your audience, and make your audience into a community.
If you have a great idea that can change the world for the better, you don’t want to miss this episode.
- At 4:00 – Dorie talks about her difficult experience trying to get her first book published, even though she did everything to guarantee her success, including getting an agent.
- At 8:00 – Dorie shares the two key factors to her success, and how you can implement them in your life.
- At 15:00 – Dorie gives her thoughts on where good ideas come from, including mixing disciplines.
- At 19:00 – What happens when people have great ideas but don’t know how to get them out there? Coaches often experience this, and Dorie talks about their struggles and how they can get past them.
- At 24:00 – Dorie explains what happens when the marketing playing field is leveled: those who truly deserve to stand out.