Sean Platt, founder of Sterling and Stone Story Studio, is a pioneer and innovator in the business of fiction. He has a proven track record of doing what’s never been done before, and with great success. He ran the second most successful fiction project in KickStarter history, and proved that fast writing can be good writing when he and his partner wrote a book in 30 days, live in front of 1,000 people. That’s just part of it.
Today, Sean talks about what’s to come, both for him and for the fiction industry at large.
- At 5:03 – Even though they had great success with serials, Sean talks about why they’ve stepped away from them, and why other authors should look for another strategy.
- At 6:40 – Sean talks about one of his reimaginations that earns them the name ‘hack writers,’ but explains why that’s not the case at all.
- At 14:00 – Sean talks about the concept of Open Source Fiction as yet another reimagination in fiction.
- At 16:10 – Subscriptions are becoming more common, and Sean has found a way to integrate it into his publishing company, but do it in a way that provides enormous value to his readers.
- At 19:20 – Sean’s final reimagination that includes world class narration, and a new model that could be very disruptive to the publishing industry.