What to Do If Your Coaching Client is Lying to You? (Liz Scully)
- Episode #5
In this episode, Melinda Cohan, our host and senior coach, has an eye-opening and lively conversation with LizScully, the founder of Rethink Central, an organization that provides business strategies for entrepreneurs. They talk about what can motivate a client to lie and some common signs of lying, including micro-expressions that we have no control over. They also explain the difference between big untruths and so-called white lies. The session also addresses some compelling reasons not to challenge a client’s lie or a story they tell themselves.
In this episode we discuss:
- How an animator became an expert in lie detection.
- The role of microexpressions in lie detection.
- The difference between big untruths and the so-called social lies.
- What are the signs of lying?
- What to do when your client seems to lie.
- Reasons to not challenge a client’s lie or a story that they tell themselves.
Because we all think that we’re kind of a closed perfect circuit. And, obviously, we’re not. We’re leaking information all the time.”Liz Scully
Just Between Coaches
This show is like Oprah’s couch, where conversations cut straight to the heart of the topic, but... it’s only for coaches! Melinda Cohan of the Coaches Console explores the tough questions coaches face on a regular basis. With a new guest host each episode, Melinda provides tactical advice and strategies to address issues like “How do I deal with price resistance?” and “Should I fire my client?”