Level Up Your Life with Steve Kamb
- Audra Casino
You’ve heard stories of people who spend their lives playing fictional games, from sci-fi to farming crops. Some of them have even lost jobs and relationships. Is it really worth it? Today’s guest, Steve Kamb has a new type of game, one that replaces empty rewards with a the epic quest to “level up your life.”
What does that mean?
Have you ever wanted to get in shape? Maybe climb the corporate ladder or strike out on your own? Perhaps you want travel the world or learn to salsa. Whatever your goal is, Steve has created a personal gaming platform that is addictive in all the RIGHT ways. He’s the founder of Nerd Fitness and just released his book, Level Up Your Life.
- At 3:00 – Steve outlines his own hero’s journey that took him from full time job to the Rebel Leader of Nerd Fitness who sold everything and traveled the world. Don’t worry – you don’t have to travel the world to level up YOUR life. Steve explains.
- At 9:00 – Steve thinks the life is a game, and some people just don’t get it. What does that mean for his community? How does he handle naysayers? Simple. The ‘ban hammer.’
- At 17:00 – Steve often says he’s done things the opposite of how most people do them, and for Nerd Fitness, that’s been the secret to his success. Steve shares how he did it. Hint: audience first!
- At 20:00 – Gamifying things is a proven way to increase engagement, and Steve explains how he turned self-improvement into a game using the same techniques that real games employ.
- At 25:00 – Steve talks about the impact he wants to create, and where he wants to take Nerd Fitness, and the spectrum of challenging to rewarding.
1 thought on Level Up Your Life with Steve Kamb
OMG. Could this be any cooler?! (…says, the Nerd Girl, who geeks on the Hero’s Journey and is on a quest to Level Up.)
Really love what Steve says about hoping it’s not for everyone… because it’s for the people who “don’t think it’s stupid.” LOL. That this gives him a chance to stop thinking about the people he can’t help and only think about the people he can help.
Comments are closed.