When we talk about reimagination, Gini Dietrich is one of those people whose story fits perfectly. She started in traditional PR, and became the founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, a Chicago-based integrated marketing communication firm and the author of the top PR blog, Spin Sucks.
But if you’re wondering what an ‘integrated marketing communication firm’ actually is in relation to PR, you’re not alone. Today Gini talks with Danny about how she’s reimagining the often misunderstood industry of PR, and how you can apply her innovations to your own business.
- At 5:20 – Gini rips away the curtain about what the PR industry actually is, and what they do.
- At 8:40 – The myth of separate silos for advertising, sales, brand, PR, etc., leads to a complete lack of vision and scale for the whole company.
- At 10:40 – There might be fewer silos in small businesses, but they’re just as devastating – sometimes even more so – and why that is.
- At 14:35 – Gini reveals how she started her company without a clear vision, and why that might not be such a bad thing.
- At 18:00 – Gini’s shocking business strategy change that cost her all but two of her clients, but ended up doubling her return shortly after.