Almost everyone loves pizza. Almost no one loves policy, especially employees. If you’re planning to grow a business, it pays to know in advance how your policies will affect the way your company culture, because that will affect your success. Better yet, don’t bother with policies at all.
But are you ready to put your policy book in the company shredder?
Today’s guest, Nick Sarillo, is the founder and CEO of Nick’s Pizza and Pub, a restaurant that boasts a turnover rate that is 125% lower than the industry standard. Nick credits his management style and lack of restrictive policies for earning his employees’ overwhelming support. He’s developed an amazing culture. PLUS:
- The amazing story of Nick’s big failure, and the unexpected way he went against the ‘smart people in the room’ to turn it around
- How policy keeps you from being an effective leader and steward of positive culture
- Giving employees ultimate freedom from policy while still making the right choices
- The all-or-nothing test to make sure everyone is on board with you
This episode isn’t just for companies with large teams. If you’re an entrepreneur looking to grow your business, you NEED to implement Nick’s management style from your first employee to your 50th.
- At 5:00 – Nick describes the tearful moment he sent the email that would mark the end of his restaurant empire, and the amazing response he got that saved it.
- At 11:00 – Nick explains how it wasn’t pity that saved his business. It was the company culture he had went to great pains to design and implement, one FREE of policy.
- At 13:00 – Nick tosses the policy book out the window and explains how to handle team conflicts without becoming the company police.
- At 17:00 – Danny and Nick discuss how existing companies can use his system to transition existing policy-centric cultures to those that offer employees more freedom to make good decisions.
- At 22:00 – Nick discusses ‘culture,’ and how the loudest voice in the room usually defines it. He also explains how to shift it away from negativity.
How to Make Money Blogging
Get the definitive guide on turning your blog into an income stream.