We’ve been running the Mirasee Ultimate Guides Contest, and we had some amazing showings from our finalists.
From entrants, we’ve asked for posts that are *the* definitive guide for WHY, WHEN, and HOW to do something related to marketing; in other words, the #1 resource that all of the Beacons in our community can bookmark and come back to again and again.
And boy, did they ever deliver!
We’ve gotten great advice on everything from shopping carts to SEO, getting along with others to mastering social media. It has been, in my opinion, one of our most valuable campaigns to date – and I want to thank each and every applicant and finalist for your hard work and insight!
We’re going to be announcing the winners just a little bit further down the page, but first, let’s review the contest rules, finalists and prizes…
What They Won and How They Won It
Winners have been judged by the Mirasee team on the basis of a mysterious algorithm that involves social engagement, quality of writing and conversation as well as a few other things that we’ll take to the grave. 😉
- First prize is $750 cash in hand
- Second prize is an iPad Mini
- Third prize is a Kindle Fire HD
As readers, you’ve seen all of the posts we’ve accepted on the blog, and have done your part to help your favorite win by commenting, sharing, and generally letting us know who you think has produced the most exceptional Ultimate Guide.
The Mirasee Ultimate Guides Contest Finalists
Here’s who you heard from:
- January 6th: Carol Mortarotti, who blogs at CarolMortarotti.com, revealed everything you need to know about Twitter with her Ultimate Twitter Guide to Crush Your Competition.
- January 7th: Sophie Lizard of Be a Freelance Blogger showed you How to Write a Blog Post That Wins the Undying Loyalty of your Audience.
- January 9th: Ahmed Safwan of To Start Blogging broke down the intricacies of SEO in his really comprehensive Ultimate Search Engine Optimization Guide.
- January 13th: Rivka Kawano, a bona fide social media expert, solved the problem of how to create interesting content for social media EVERY single day with her Ultimate Guide to Social Media Content Success.
- January 16th: Fan favorite Cindy Brown from Everyday Underwear laid down the law about how to deal with people (even when you don’t feel like it) with her Ultimate Guide to Why, When, and How to Deal With People.
- January 20th: Meredith Eisenberg who blogs at MeridithEisenberg.com cleared up any lingering confusion or uncertainty you may have had about the world of shopping carts and payment processing with her Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Perfect Virtual Back Office.
- January 21st: Lynn Silva, head honcho at DiversiMom, and self-educating expert, broke down exactly how to create unique training guides for yourself and your team with her Ultimate Guide to Creating Training Manuals To Super-Charge Your Business.
- January 23rd: Annie Sisk from AnnieSisk.com gave everyone a kick in the rear with her Ultimate Guide to Business Productivity for Couch Warriors.
- January 27th: Jim Bessey from SoWrite.us took away our excuses for typos once and for all with his 99 Ways to Edit and Revise Anything You Write.
- January 28th: Tim Soulo, the brains behind BloggerJet.com showed you how to ensure you’d never lose another subscriber with his post, Anatomy Of High-Converting Blog Page Layout [with Infographic].
So, without further ado…
The Ultimate Guides Contest Winners!
Third Prize goes to: Rivka Kawano for her Social Media Content Success Guide.
And… drumroll… 😉
Congratulations to the winners, finalists and everyone who participated in the Ultimate Guides Contest! This has been a great contest, and every finalist provided exceptional value for us, and for our readers.
In the comments, please let me know if you’ve got any ideas for next year’s January contest!
Winners, please contact Bhoomi (at) Mirasee (dot) com to co-ordinate about claiming your prizes!