Welcome to the very first Fireside chat with Danny Iny!
We’re excited to bring this new podcast to you in the hopes that you can benefit and learn from hearing a casual conversation with the Freddy Krueger of Blogging.
Today we’re going to be talking about a webinar we ran a few weeks ago called Naked Marketing: Alignment, Attraction and Engagement – a webinar that didn’t go exactly as planned, but still ended up being a profitable exercise.
We post a lot of information, and make a lot of videos, offer a lot of training and generally, tell you what to do all the time.
So this is a little different.
This is a conversation about a few mistakes that we made, what they meant for our business, and what we learned from them…
Without further ado, here’s the audio:
- The goal of the webinar was to share what successful marketers do to launch their businesses and to launch the Naked Marketing Bootcamp.
- We achieved the long-view goal of giving everyone great value, but failed to get the numbers in the Bootcamp that we wanted.
- Not enough time was spent preparing – an effective webinar takes ages.
- Valuable content with actionable learning wrapped up in a story that the audience can connect to is the best way to get the highest conversions.
- You must gently and sensitively re-establish the gap between what you did teach, and what you have yet to offer before sliding into your pitch.
- A smaller number of sales can mean a better relationship with each buyer.
- If you do a good job building your relationships day in and day out then the burden of the sale isn’t all in one moment.
- Never sacrifice your long-term goals for short term sales.
- The time you spend building up your reputation for value and integrity will always be well spent.
So… what did you think of this podcast? And is there a time when you learned something from a mistake you made? What was it?