Every couple of months, Mirasee posts a list of what we’ve been reading — all the best resources and links on a variety of topics.
But this month, we’re doing something different. Recently, we published a guide on a topic that’s really important to many of you in our audience — how to make money blogging. It was so popular, we decided to give you even more resources on the topic.
And luckily, we’re not the only ones who have published great, in-depth resources on the topic. So for today’s post, we combed the internet for the best information out there on how you can make money with your blog. Enjoy!
General Resources on Making Money Blogging
- How do I Start a Blog and Making Money Online? (Tips and Tricks HQ) – from choosing your domain to optimizing your sales funnels, this guide will walk you through the whole process of starting your blog, with an eye toward monetization all along the way.
- Make Money Blogging (ProBlogger) – How does the original money-making blogger make money? Darren Rowse’s in-depth explanation of money-making strategies is just as relevant now as when he first published it. And if you’re a visual learner, don’t miss his mind map of all the different paths to a money-making blog.
- Make Money Blogging for Real: 3 Must-Know Factors (ProBlogger) – Do you wonder if monetizing your blog is even possible? This post by Jerry Low explains the truth about why some blogs make money — and others never will.
- How to Make Money Blogging (Amy Lynn Andrews) – Another overview guide of all the ways to make money with your blog. This post was recently updated with fresh info for today’s digital businesses.
- Ultimate Guide to Make Money Online (Clothed in Scarlet) – Sunu Phillip’s summary of ways to make money online includes links to a ton of great resources.
- Top Earning Blogs (Income Diary) – Michael Dunlop’s list of the blogs that make the most money is worth looking at. Most of these have very high traffic, but it’s an interesting list.
- Can You Make Money Blogging Without Selling Your Soul? (Goins, Writer) – Do you even want to make money with your blog? — or would you have to compromise what your blog is really about? Before you decide, read this.
In our guide to making money blogging, we outline six different possible paths for bringing income to your blog. So for this post, we’ve searched out the best resources online for each different type of blog income.
Make Money By Selling Your Services
- The Truth About How Much Freelance Writers Make (Make a Living Writing) – For most bloggers who sell services, figuring out what to charge — and charging enough to make it worth your time — is one of the biggest challenges you face when you’re getting started. Although Carol Tice’s post is directed toward writers, it’s valuable for every type of freelancer.
- Why You Should STOP Trying to Make Money Online (and What to Do Instead) (Be a Freelance Blogger) – Alison Mansfield explains a key mindset shift every freelancer needs to make before they start selling services.
- The Definitive Guide to Getting Paid as a Freelancer (Double Your Freelancing) – Once you know what you want to charge, you’ve got to make sure you actually get paid. Brennan Dunn explains how.
Make Money By Selling Your Products
Selling products — especially online digital products — is one of the best ways to make money online: it’s scalable, easy to create and deliver, and in high demand. Our own Course Builder’s Laboratory will teach you how, but since we’re not accepting students right now, here are some free resources to help.
- 7 Tips on How to Create and Sell Online Courses (Social Triggers) – Thinking about creating an online course, but not sure if it’s the right decision? Derek Halpern will help you think through the big picture of your course in this post. (And once you’re ready to create your course, don’t miss his awesome course-creating software, Zippy Courses!)
- Ultimate Guide to Creating, Selling, and Marketing Your Own Ebooks and Digital Products (Femtrepreneur) – Mariah Coz explains the nuts-and-bolts of issues from niching and pricing to validation and publishing ebooks and other digital products in this guide.
- 5 Things to Do After You Launch Your Online Course or Program (Rise to the Top) – You’ve launched your product…but now what? David Siteman Garland, the master of online courses, tells you the 5 steps you need to take next. (You’ll also love his cheat sheet, 7 Proven Steps to Create, Promote and Profit From Online Courses.)
Make Money By Selling Other People’s Products
By becoming an affiliate for other people’s products, you can build relationships while adding to your blog-based income. Signing up for general affiliate programs like Amazon and affiliate sites will earn you a little, but the real affiliate money is in building joint venture partnerships — relationships with other bloggers in your niche who sell complementary products. Sound intriguing? Learn how from these experts.
- The Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing (Monetize Pros) – What exactly is affiliate marketing, and how does it work? This guide covers everything you need to know about how affiliate marketing works and how to get started.
- Smart Affiliate Marketing Strategies (Smart Passive Income) – Pat Flynn is one of the most experienced affiliate marketers in the world. In this post, he lists the best resources he’s written on the topic.
- How to Start Affiliate Marketing as a Newbie Blogger (Sean Ogle) – If you’re brand-new to affiliate marketing, or even to blogging, Sean Ogle’s post could be just what you need. This covers the basics from signing up on Amazon to partnering with bigger bloggers.
Make Money By Running Ads on Your Own Site
Running ads and sponsored posts on your site is one of the hardest ways to make money online, and it usually requires a lot of traffic. But if you’re going to try it, do it right. Here’s how.
- Can You Still Make Money With Adsense? (Reliable Soft) – For most bloggers, ads are the first thing that comes to mind when you start to think about monetizing. But making money with ads is a lot harder than it sounds. Alex Chris’s post from 2013 is still an accurate overview of what it takes.
- Make Money Blogging: How to Sell Direct Advertising on Your Website (Alexis Grant) – If you do want to use ads on your blog, you can make more if you bypass the middleman. Here, Alexis Grant explains how to increase your ad income by selling your blog space directly to companies.
- Fair Sponsored Posts Rates (Successful Blogging) -Finally, you can make money with your blog by getting companies to pay you to write posts. Annabel Candy’s guide is one of the best and most comprehensive posts on the web about what you should charge for writing sponsored posts and how to do it ethically.
Pay to Learn How to Get Paid
We wanted to limit this to free resources for the most part, but there are a couple of paid sites that are so useful we just HAD to include them. And at these prices, you’ll be glad you checked them out.
- Fizzle is one of the best online community for entrepreneurs out there. The Fizzle guys are brilliant and fun, the resources inside are incredibly useful, and the price is only $35/month.
- Chris Farrell Membership is a one-stop shop for creating your online business, for just $37/month.
We think we’ve found the best posts on the web on this topic, but what do you think? Did we miss anything? What are the best resources you know of on how to make money blogging? Tell us in the comments!