How to Make a Successful YouTube Channel [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Lexi Rodrigo
If you’re already blogging, tweeting, pinning, Facebooking, Instagramming, and snapping why would you want to create or put more energy into your YouTube channel?
For one thing, it boasts over 1 billion users who watch millions of hours worth of video every day. And many of them are highly engaged. They comment. They share. They like or dislike.
No wonder, seemingly ordinary people, just like you and me, have become YouTube celebrities, earning millions of dollars from their huge fanbases.
But you don’t have to achieve superstar status for your business to benefit from the strategic use of YouTube:
- When people see and hear you in your environment, it’s easier for them to get to know, like, and, ultimately, trust you.
- Some people prefer to consume content in the form of video than text or audio.
- Certain types of information are better communicated in video than other formats, such as physical product and software demonstrations.
- YouTube videos are easily shareable.
- People can watch YouTube videos on a variety of devices.
- Search engines may favor video when delivering search results.
- You can repurpose video content can in many ways. Transcribe it and you’ve got text. Extract the sound and you’ve got audio.
- And your target audience is probably already on YouTube watching recipes, product reviews, and cats doing cute things.
So, are you ready to give your YouTube channel more love?
The infographic below gives tips on how to make your YouTube channel successful. However, I do have one caveat: Don’t let the equipment recommendation scare you away. You can get started with just a $70 high-definition USB camera and a $30 external microphone from Amazon, and a well-lit, uncluttered corner in your house or office. Read this post to find out what video equipment we recommend for newbies.
Do tell: What’s your biggest frustration with your YouTube channel?